3M Fall Protection Equipment Inspector
This is a comprehensive inspection course which after completion will allow those responsible for the inspection of fall protection equipment to make educated decisions on whether the equipment can remain in service or should be removed from service.
The training will also include standards and regulations, incorporating what they require and how they relate to the inspection process. Upon completion the student will receive a certificate recognizing that they have met the requirements of the OSHA and ANSI standards.
Employees who will be assigned a task to work at heights, issued fall protection equipment and required to inspect their equipment.
Duration: 0.5 days (up to 4 hours)
- Standards – ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
- Regulations – OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
- Inspection process for a range of fall protection equipment
- Full body harnesses
- Shock absorbing and positioning lanyards
- Self retracting lifelines
- Anchorage connectors
- Key inspection components
- Webbing, hardware, stitching, labels, buckles, d-rings
- Documentation methods / recording and logging of inspections
- Technical bulletins